The ABUS 83/45 brass padlock has been the traditional commercial padlock of choice for locksmiths. While this choice has remained constant throughout the decades, the ABUS 83/45 brass padlock of today offers substantial improvements in quality, security and corrosion resistance. The ABUS 83/45 padlock is also available in a range ot coloured titalium padlocks.
ABUS 83/45 Details
- Supplied with 2 keys, additional keys can be included in your order.
- 45 mm solid machined brass lock body.
- 8 mm shackle diameter, double ball locking
- Shackles available in nano-plated alloy steel for extreme corrosion resistance also available in stainless steel for ultimate corrosion resistance..
- Wide range of shackle clearances available from 19mm to 150mm
- ABUS Global Protection Standard Level 8 (security range 2 low – 10 high).
- The ABUS 83/45 Incorporates the popular 570 6 pin style barrel with Silca LW4 keyway
- Choice of “KD Keyed Different” or “KA Keyed Alike”.
- Choice of “Key Not Retaining” and “Key Retaining”.
Choice of “Non-key Retaining” or “Key-Retaining”
Patented Z-Bar allows the padlock to be easily converted from “non-key retaining” to “key-retaining” and vice versa.
- “Non-key retaining” padlocks are the usual configuration where the key can be removed from an open padlock. The padlock can be locked by simply pushing the shackle in.
- “Key-retaining” padlocks retains the key until it is fully closed and is used for example in safety padlocks. The key is retained in the padlock until the shackle can be locked by pushing the shackle and turning the key.
Choice of “KD Keyed to Differ” of “KA Keyed Alike”
If more than one padlock ordered you have the choice of “KD Keyed to Differ” of “KA Keyed Alike”
|KD Keyed to Differ|
The key for one padlock should not open another lock.
|KA Keyed Alike|
Padlocks keyed alike can all be opened by the same key. This is useful when one person is responsible for a number of padlocks.